Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Well, Christmas has come and gone, but it is not New Years yet!  Time to put a Christmas card or two on the blog.


This was one of my Operation Write Home cards made with my new set from Sweet and Sassy Stamps.  The image is on a certainly celery base and dp is from Stampin Up.  The snowman's scarf is paper pieced with the dp. A little bit of ribbon finishes this one off. 
_____________________________________________________________________


I have been wanting to try La Blanche stamps for a while, and when they showed up on the Blitsy website, I grabbed a couple.  I inked up this Santa with Memento black ink and colored his hat and face with copics.  I added a little bit of green to the background and then put lots of snowy glitter on the card, which unfortunately does not show up in the photo.  Then I border punched some old olive cardstock to back the image with, and then put it on a cherry cobbler card base.  I really liked the way this Santa turned out- I was unsure about such a large image initially. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...