Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Sketch and Pastels

Hello Everyone!  I hurried home from work today to squeeze in some stamping time.  The sketch at SCS is a nice basic sketch today-


Here is my take on this sketch-




I got it in my brain that  I wanted to do a soft, pastel Christmas card, but with a bit of whimsy.  I chose this adorable reindeer image and watercolored him.  The background mat is embossed with white holly leaves and pink berries.  I forgot to cut my image panel down to size before I glued everything down (Oops!), so I had to trim the corners off after the card was completed (including the wet stickles!). Thus, the panel overlaps the blue card base, which is not what I had intended to do.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog; you are a blessing!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-Holly and Berries (PTI), sentiment (PTI), reindeer-Special Delivery by Stampendous
Paper-all SU-Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pink Pirouette, Naturals White, Whisper White
Ink-Stazon black, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, various browns, various greens, Pretty in Pink, Versamark
Other-white ep, Aquapainter, silver Stickles, Silver pen (CM), Vintage oval die (Verve), Flourish (MFT), Shimmer Mist

1 comment:

  1. Lee Anne - this is so precious!! Love your beautifully colored little reindeer postperson - it's just so sweet :)!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...