Sunday, January 13, 2013

Western Sunday

Hello everyone!
Well, another Sunday is here which means another Featured Stamper at Splitcoaststampers.  Today's Featured Stamper is Lynn, aka allee's,  Lynn has a wonderful and diverse gallery; I chose a western themed card to case in her honor.
Here is my card-


I dug out a "moldy oldie" set that has not seen ink for quite some time.  This started out as a single layer cas card, but as you can see, it is no longer single layer.  CAS, I am not so sure! 
I started out by masking the wide panel and sponging it with Soft Suede. Then I inked up the western medallion and spritzed the inked stamp with water and stamped the sponged panel.  After that, I inked up my Canvas background stamp with Crumb Cake ink and stamped that over the masked panel.
I removed the mask and then scored along both edges of the panel.  Following that, I stamped several more medallions in Early Espresso, cut them in half, and sponged the edges to create the scallop border. The stars were stamped and fussy cut out then popped up on dimensionals.  A sentiment and linen threat finish this card.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used- (all Stampin' Up)
Stamps-Wanted, All Year Cheer
Paper-Naturals Ivory
Ink-Soft Suede, Midnight Muse, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake
Other-dimensionals, post it notes (to mask), Simply Scored, linen thread

2 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card! I love what you've done with that set - might make me dig mine out and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant design. You make CAS look so easy (well, it's CAS to me :), and I love your scallop border! I love how you give every detail just the right amount of attention. Beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...