Monday, August 18, 2014

Thanks for the Inspiration!

Hello Everyone!


This card is dedicated to a friend who has been a great inspiration to me~Lesley Croghan. 


It is time for a new sketch at Seize the Sketch, and sadly our last sketch~


Cathy's sketch is really out of the box and made me think!

I was inspired by the gorgeous color palette at Color Throwdown this week~


Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge has an "Anything Goes" Challenge this week and I am linking up there as well. 
I finally broke out one of my 3 jars of embossing paste for this challenge.  I purchased a new Prima stencil and decided to try it, taking advantage of the two squares in the sketch- I immediately saw black/white/mirror image.  I stenciled the image in white on Basic Gray, then added a couple of drops of Basic Gray reinker to some white embossing paste and embossed on white cs, flipping the stencil for a mirror image.  I used some of my hoarded stash of Nature Gmund Savanna cardstock with the gorgeous wood grain embossing. 
I added butterflies made with the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Majestic Monarchs and matching dies. 
The sentiment is from Altenew's Label Love set and is embossed in gold on vellum.

You can check out all of the Design Team's amazing inspiration on the Seize the Sketch Blog.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)




14 comments:

  1. Love your embossing!! The layout is perfect and those sweet butterflies and sentiment top it off perfectly!! So glad you played with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Lee Ann. You are just on the roll with amazing cards! The stenciled image is fantastic and I love how you did white on black and black on white. The butterflies are sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go out with a bang! Terrific card~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty, Lee Ann! The embossing, the sentiment, the butterflies - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card! WOW! What a sweetie you are! You inspire ME! Thank you so much, Lee Ann, for being a part of the team. This was a difficult decision for me to make. Hugs to you!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and gorgeous Lee Ann! I'm going to miss being a part of the STS team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. I enjoyed being on the STS design team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee Ann,what a sweet post for Lesley . This card is stunning! I love everything ...beautiful butterflies ! It was nice to be on the STS DT with you if only for a short time, Lee Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card for our friend Lesley. :) I love the sweet butterflies, the embossing paste, the gold embossing - I love it all! And iIt was great to spend time with you at STS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Lee Ann!! Stunning card this week, girl. It's been such a privilege to be working along side you here at STS...take care! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee Ann this is beautiful!!!! thrilled to have been on the DT with you and wishing you all the best in whatever crafty adventure comes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cool card, Lee Ann! Love the mirror image and the effect of the embossing paste. It's been an honor creating with you at STS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card, Lee Ann! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm having deja vu, Lee Ann. I thought I had already come by to comment, but I guess I was doing it in my head when I saw your card in my email inbox instead! That happens to me sometimes. (I'll be alright...don't alert the men in white just yet...)

    LOVE how you did the positive/negative thing with your stenciling paste. Wow. And that bevy of butterflies add the perfect touches.

    It has been my pleasure serving on the STS team with you, though a short one (for me). I'd love to keep in touch in blogland with ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...