Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Die Technique with Add a Little Dazzle

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to another Wednesday and a new challenge at Add a Little Dazzle!  This week we have a beautiful fall inspiration photo for you~



 I used the Die-Namites Die, Winter Sunflower and instead of die cutting with it, I embossed with it. 

Here is your inspiration photo~


I wanted to bring in the warm colors, flowers, and the rustic feel of this picture. When I think rustic, I think chicken wire;  I used my IO chicken wire image and stamped the background in yellow.  Torn paper is another thing that says 'rustic' to me- and I love torn paper!  I really wish it would become trendy again.
My sunflower image was made with my Die-Namites Die- I used my tan embossing mat underneath my cardstock so that the image would emboss instead of cut.
The image was then colored with Copics.  I used the 'outside the box' technique in trimming down my image/banner panel, allowing leaves and petals to hang over the edge. I added some shadowing with a gray Copic to give the image dimension; I love how it looks like a separate piece adhered to the banner.  To make the sunflower pop, I die cut the center of the flower in Brushed Bronze Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal and then again in Chocolate Brown Craft Metal, and adhered the pieces to the center of the flower.
My foliage was die cut with Heartfelt Creation Dies.  I added some linen thread to add to the rustic look.
I will be linking this card up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- 'Anything Goes', Just Us Girls photo inspiration challenge~




~And finally getting a chance to play along with my former team mates at The Card Concept.  My card is the classy and elegant style (with a bit of rustic)  :)  I had to go with sunflowers as I do not have pumpkin images. 
We hope that you can play along with us this week
for our Inspiration Challenge.  You do not have to use craft metal sheets,
but if you have it, we would love to see it!

Are you thinking you have to have your own Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets?  You can purchase them HERE.   I thank you in advance as I get credit for your purchase.  
Thank YOU!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps- Impression Obsession Chicken Wire Background Stamp
Paper- SU retired dsp, SU Always Artichoke, SU Mellow Moss, SU Early Epresso, Neenah Solar white cs
Ink- SU Crushed Curry
Other- Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets,  Die-Namites WinterSunflower Die, SU linen thread, Copics


15 comments:

  1. Just love the flower inside - fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Lee Ann! The foliage arrangement is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Lee Ann with all the different colour combinations. Great layout and I am a great fan of tearing paper. Thanks for joining in our Photo Challenge over at Just us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sunflower and the dimension is amazing for a single piece. Torn edges are always cool and are perfect for snow drifts anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card Lee Ann, a fabulous design and background papers. Your sunflower is beautiful and lovely details!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lee Ann. Love the pretty sunflower and the metal middle part. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful Lee Ann! The coloring on embossed image is a showstopper!
    Thanks for linking up to The Card Concept:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card isn't beautiful it's stunning!!! Honestly you have a winner here!! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week ...or I would have missed this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! LOVE what you did! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning...simply one stunning card! Your sunflower is just perfect and I love your bit of metallic in the center. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really beautiful card Lee Ann...no surprise, but what an elegant technique! Your cards are always so beautifully designed with such great little details, like the metallic addition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly a work of art LeeAnn, such a great design! I love your yellow background and your Copic work on your Sunflower is spectacular! Love your bronze center and chocolate center. I think the torn paper look will be making a comeback, as everything in this craft eventually comes around to trendy again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey Lee Anne!! This looks SO cool! I love the debossing. It gives it so much dimension. In fact I had to keep looking again and again to see what was going on. Thats a card with some life to it! thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card!! Fabulous design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card!! I LOVE how you created the middle of that flower. Such a cool look!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...