Thursday, January 8, 2015

One Layer Christmas

Hi Everyone!

I thought I would be tired of making Christmas cards by now but I got a couple of really cute Christmas stamps for Christmas, including this Jolly Santa from Stampendous.  In addition, there is a new challenge out there, One Layer Christmas Card Challenge, so I thought I would give it a go.




 In addition, the inspiration at Curtain Call this week is gorgeous; I am a fan of neutrals these days. 


Over at Shopping Our Stash and at  the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the challenge is to use something new (the stamp), and over at Darnell's NBUS Challenge #3, it is Anything Goes.

CAS on Sunday has a Christmas Challenge.
There are a lot of Santa images out there, but this has to be my favorite.  I think there is some nostalgia in my liking this image as it reminds me of childhood.  I colored him with Prismacolor Pencils, added some stickles to the berries and scored around the edge for a border.  I kept everything neutral except for the hat-  I really like it with the pop of color.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

14 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Lee Ann! I love that Santa image, and you've colored him perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Santa and card; love the dimension created on the card and image. Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful image, great job with the colouring, lovely one layer card. Thanks for joining us at OLCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THUD! This is amazing - love the coloring on the kraft - and of course Santa's fun RED hat! Thanks for joining in at OLCC~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that traditional Santa Lee Ann and the great colouring! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! Love it, an old-fashioned Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great image and beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Lee Ann. Love that Santa image and the shimmery colors on Kraft. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome card, Lee Ann! Love your coloring on the kraft...simply amazing! The embossed frame really adds dimension to this fab card! So happy you could join us at the One Layer Christmas card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to agree with you about this Santa image, Lee Ann, it is outstanding with its vintage quality. You really brought that out by stamping it on kraft, doing such brilliant coloring, and scoring around it! Excellent, especially with the added bonus that it is a OLC!! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the effect on the kraft cardstock. Thanks for playing in One Layer Christmas Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Lee Ann! I absolutely love the Santa image and the shimmery colours look wonderful on kraft card stock.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is such a gorgeous card really love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...