Friday, January 9, 2015

Soft Winter Palette

Happy Friday, Everyone! 

Phew!  That was a long week!  It is so hard to get back into the swing of things after being off for the holidays.  But, we survived!  We have the possibility of ice/snow/sleet here on Sunday and I know alot of kids (and adults!) are hoping for a snow day.  The way I see it, that is more time to craft! 
Have you seen the gorgeous winter inspiration photo at Curtain Call?  I had to play-twice! 



I just love these soft colors; they have the look of a warm, comfy throw, and we need that right now!
I used the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique found here for my back panel which gave it a soft, watercolored look.  The sentiment is from Stamplorations; 'heartfelt' is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar and the 'thanks' is stamped in Versamark and embossed in silver.   
My flowers are from one of my most favorite SU sets, Elements of Style.  I only stamped a small portion of the image and then fussy cut it out.  I used the blender pen to add a little more color (Baked Brown Sugar) to the flowers. 
Some burlap for texture and Simon Says Stamp Moonstone and Fall Festival sequins add finishing touches.  Three of the sequins have pearl centers. 
My sketch inspiration is from Stamplorations~


 My sentiment is new as are my sequins so I am uploading to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, 'new'. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed and warm weekend!

Lee Ann  :)

7 comments:

  1. Great take on the inspiration photo! Your card has the same warmth in that DP as the throw in the photo has. Love that you pulled in that bit of silver too! Beautifully done! Please no ice and snow...want to get to church! Stay warm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is beautiful, as is your card. Truly inspired from the photo and I adore your use of the sketch. I love seeing STAMPlorations being used too- Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK... my computer is acting up... can't see the words. So beautiful card Lee Ann. I just love that background. How did you make it? It's probably written somewhere... I just can't see it... the heat embossed greeting looks wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us a second time at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! So perfect - your background with the roses in front and that silver embossed sentiment is perfect! Thanks for linking up with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call - Winter Wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is really stunning! The background looks amazing and your details are just perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with the Something New Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...