Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ships Ahoy with OWH!

Well, after spending much of the day cleaning and decluttering, I was able to get down to the craft area and participate in the OWH Virtual Card Party again.  Here is my take on the challenge, Boats or Ships.
This card is made with an old Stampin' Up set, Ships Ahoy.  It is in Bravo Burgundy craft ink on kraft cardstock.  The image is mounted on Naturals Ivory and the card base is Naturals Ivory as well.  The dp would qualify as "Moldy Monday" product!  I could not find my natural twine so I dug around in my stash and found this navy and cream fiber, which I threaded through eyelets.  The tag is made with Stampin' Up's Tiny Tag punch and stamped with a sentiment from All Year Cheer.

Thanks for stopping by and your comments are greatly appreciated!
______________________________________________
Yeah!  Got a second challenge card in this evening-embossing!  This was pretty simple, although it helps to align the image properly.  I had a do-over with this card and then when I went to adhere the image to the card base, I taped the wrong side!  Oh well, nothing that a little ribbon can't fix. 

The card base is my brand new Calypso Coral cardstock from Stampin' Up- loving it.  It was stamped with an image from a Sale-bration set from Stampin' Up-Elementary Elegance- on Very Vanilla cardstock and then run through the cb.  The sentiment is stamped in Memento black on Stampin' Up River Rock and then cut out to match the image and popped up on dimensionals.  The designer paper is punched with an edge punch and the card is finished off with some vanilla ribbon.  I also scored the dp (which is hard to see) to give it just that little extra.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Wow -- love the stamp and the color you used. Very well done. The fiber looks great on there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Ann, Beautiful card. Love that image especially in Bravo. I used that color today also. GMTA That bg paper looks very nice with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love both of these. That ship stamp was definitely worth revisiting. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I am ready to take a cruise somewhere. Love both of your cards, color images and colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are terrific! The ship stamp is fabulous and itlooks great in burgundy... I need to think outside the box more when it comes to using colored inks. Such a pretty floral print on the second card too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. both cards are wonderful - love the ship stamped in the burgundy - and the brightness of hte second card thanks for supporting OWH

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards! That ship image is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee Ann, congrats on your OWH win. Your card was just fabulous. YAY for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...