Monday, March 19, 2012

Glorious Spring

Even though technically it is still winter, I got to enjoy early spring in St Louis with a friend.  We soaked up the sun and the flowers at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  Bear with me as I share just a few pictures of the most incredible floral display I have seen in a long time!



   
                   Butterflies are also enjoying the spring weather and for the cas challenge at SCS today, I used butterflies in my card. I really went out on a limb and tried something I would not usually do-a very free form sort of card.  I stamped the butterflies in Stazon on Naturals White paper then watercolored a rainbow through them.  Inks include Summer Sun, Glorious Green, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Not Quite Navy which I painted on with the aqua painter. Although you cannot really see it, I sprayed sparkle shimmer mist over the image as well.  The sentiment is from the retired set, Warm Words.  I scored around the edge of the card with the Simply Scored tool.

Thanks for stopping by; I hope I did not bore you with the photos!  And sorry about the jump break- I am not sure how I got this in here- it was not intentional!  Your comments are greatly appreciated.  Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...