Saturday, March 24, 2012

New Technique

I had a great time at a Stampin' Up workshop last night, teaching new techniques to the girls.  We did the Rock and Roll technique as well as Thumping.  They also learned how to make a longer jewelry tag out of the jewelry tag punch.  For review of this technique, see this tutorial.
 Today I played along in the Inspiration Challenge at SCS and combined that with trying a new technique myself.  I was inspired by Karen, one of the stampers at SCS to try watercoloring with markers, although in my card, I did not ink up the stamp with markers.  I used a regular stamp pad and then sprayed the inked image with a light water mist.  After misting, I stamped my image.  For my overall card design, I was inspired by this image- 
to make this card-
 Ingredients for this card include:
Stamps- All Year Cheer, Fresh Vintage, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper- Night of Navy, Naturals White, Crumb Cake
Ink- Night of Navy, White, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Other- Scallop punch, Circle punch, dimensionals, misting bottle

I also threw together a quick card yesterday using the Button Buddies set.  I was stumped on how to use the pig stamp in this cute set, until I decided to pair it with this sentiment from Word Play.  A perfect card to send someone who is ill or feeling down, don't you think?  I hope it puts a smile on my friend's face!
Besides the stamp sets mentioned, I also used-
Paper- Brocade Blue, Confetti, Whisper White, black, Poppy Parade, Summer Sun, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Glorious Green, Pumpkin Pie
Ink- Regal Rose, Black
Other- Button, Simply Scored, Word Window punch

Hope you are inspired by these cards.  Happy stamping!  
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and thank you for your comments.  They are much appreciated!
___________________________________________________
So, I had so much fun trying the first Inspiration Challenge card (blue and white above) that I decided to give it another try.  This next one seems to be a bit odd, but it caught my eye and, more importantly, provided inspiration for a masculine graduation card.  Here is the inspiration-
...and here is the card that came from this inspirational piece-
As you can see, this card is just words, so making a card without an image is very doable (Kathy, I am talking to you)!  This card uses the Word Play stamp set, River Rock paper, Black ink, the Simply Scored tool, dimensionals and a spellbinder die.  This will make a great graduation card for a friend's son.
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a blessed day!

Lee Ann

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this card. So classy and elegant. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...