Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stamping with New Stampin' Up

Happy Sunday to everyone!  Yesterday was an exhausting day of having a garage sale, breaking it down and then starting in on the overhaul of my basement. Needless to say, I thought today would be a great day to take it easy and relax.  What better thing to do to relax than to stamp?
I made this card for the Featured Stamper Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers-
 
This is a very simple card using the masking technique.  It is also a single layer, but gets some dimension from the scoring with the Simply Scored tool and from double stamping some of the rattles from the Button Buddies set and popping them up on dimensionals.  I mixed up the colors some, some old and some new:  Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green, Real Red, Summer Starfruit and Tempting Turquoise.
The next couple of cards use a set that is not new to Stampin' Up but is new to me.  It has turned out to be quite versatile.  I made this Get Well card with Thoughts and Prayers, as well as the following Sympathy card.  To learn what materials were used for the Sympathy card, see this post.

Finally, I gave one of my newest sets another try and came up with a card that I really like.  I just did not have any mojo the first go around with this Rejoicing with You stamp set. Today, however, the results were golden!

For this card I used-
Stamp set-Rejoicing with You
Paper-Brushed Gold, Real Red, Whisper White, River Rock, Twitterpated
Ink-Versamark, Basic Gray
Other-Dimensionals, Whisper White organza ribbon, Gold ep, Stampin' Up's new framelits and new paper piercing templates

I hope you like the results as much as I do. I think this basic design will be used for one of the Christmas cards in my Christmas in July stamp camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...