Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Merry Little Helper

Good Morning, Friends!  It is a chilly morning here in St Louis; how about where you are?  With a bit of winter in the air, what better time to play the Merry Monday Christmas sketch challenge?


I fell in love with another Christmas stamp yesterday; I had already passed this little guy up once, but when I spotted hm again yesterday, I just had to have him!

North Pole Helper

 As you can see, I started by flipping the sketch.  He is watercolored on Whisper White cs and mounted on Gumball Green.  The panel dsp is from Stampin' Up's Snow Festival series.  The scalloped edge is Real Red.  The card base is Crumb Cake and is scored along the left hand side, although you cannot really see it in the picture.  Hope you like this little guy; I know I really do!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, 

Lee Ann :)

Supplies used:
CS-Stampin' Up Whisper White, Gumball Green, Real Red, and Snow Festival dsp
Stamps-Stampendous "Special Delivery"
Ink-Creamy Caramel, Crumb Cake, Real Red, More Mustard, Glorious Green, Black Stazon
Other-baker's twine, silver Stickles, MFT large scallop edge die, gem, aquapainter  

_________________________________________________________________________

Well, I worked in a few dishes and am now back to the crafting.  Today's featured stamper at SCS has a wonderful gallery, but I quickly fell in love with a Santa card of hers. Here is my case of it.  This card is also for this week's CASE study. For this challenge, I focused on the vertical components of the inspiration card-
 Spotlight Santa

I think this is a cross between the Spotlight Technique and the Triple Stamping technique, if there is such a thing!  It is hard to tell, but the colored panel is popped up on dimensionalsThis Saint Nick is so jolly-one of my all time favorite Santa images!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Lee Ann  :)

Products used:
Stamps-La Blanche-santa, Sweet N Sassy stamps-sentiment
CS-Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive
Ink-Stazon Black, Real Red, Old Olive, Blush Blossom, Crumb Cake (all SU)
Other-SU Decorative Label punch, Crystal Snow, dimensionals, aquapainter       

9 comments:

  1. I see why you had to have this adorable little guy, Lee Ann! What a sweet card! Love that twine bow! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie....lovely coloring and a fun little image! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at Merry Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Lee Ann, your little reindeer is so cute. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Ann, I don't know how I missed this beautiful Santa earlier, but I'm so glad I stopped back by. Wow! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are gorgeous! Your reindeer is just so cute and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing more and more Christmas cards on blogs, the Santa image is OMG fabulous! Your cards are great and you have been a busy little stamping bee.

    Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute image! Love the reindeer, and your colouring is amazing Lee Ann. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love a little vertical sentiment! So precious! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What pretty, detailed images and wonderful coloring! Both cards are just so festive. :) Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...