Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cool Poppy

Hello Everyone!  I have a card for you tonight that is for the sketch challenge at SCS this week.  I am actually getting a little burned out on Christmas cards, so decided to do a generic floral.


This card is pretty straight forward. I just received the Poppy image from ODBD and could not wait to try it out. The poppy is stamped in Stazon Black and watercolored with the aquapainter.  I used a Versamark marker to apply ink to portions of the flower center and then heat embossed it with black ep.I distress inked all of the edges with Van Dyke Brown.  I inked up the debossing surface of an embossing folder with the Van Dyke Brown ink and ran it through the Big Shot.  This also gives the paper an aged/distressed look.  The card has a Linen Thread bow with an Always Artichoke colored button to finish off the card. 
I hope I have inspired you; thanks so much for stopping by!  You have been a blessing!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-Poppy from Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper-all SU-Basic Black, Cool Caribbean, Naturals White, Sale-a-Bration retired dsp, First Edition Specialty dsp
Ink-Stazon Black, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Old Olive, Van Dyke Brown, Versamark
Other-black ep, embossing folder, Linen thread (SU), button (retired SU), Spellbinders

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...