Saturday, January 12, 2013

Colorful Inspiration

Happy Saturday to everyone!
I have a baby shower to go to today, but I thought I would sneak in a little stamping this morning.  Today's Inspiration Challenge at SCS provided us with another wonderful website to help us become inspired.  I selected a colorful grouping of fabrics as my inspiration and here is the end result-


I am loving all of the creative possibilities this wonderful Swallowtail image provides.  Today I used 4 different ink spots to ink up the image, stamped it and then used Shimmer Paint to give it sparkle.  You can see this in the close up below.

Not only does the Shimmer Paint give it sparkle, but it also spreads the ink some, allowing for blending of the ink edges and light coloring of the white spaces.  I don't know why I hadn't tried this paint sooner;  LOVE this product!

EDIT-I used a small paint brush to apply the Shimmer Paint and frequently moistened the brush with water which allowed for smoother and more even coverage of the Shimmer Paint.  

Thank You so much for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!

Lee Ann  :)

Products Used-(all Stampin' Up)
Stamps-Swallowtail, Word Play
Paper-Whisper White, Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry
Ink-Craft Black, Cameo Coral, Only Orange, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Passion
Other-Apothecary Framelits, Vintage Wallpaper ef, Honeycomb ef, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the colors. How did you use the shimmer paint? Did you brush it on? Or spray?

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments, Barbara. Sorry to have left out the how! I used a small paint brush to apply the Shimmer Paint in very small amounts. I learned that it sure doesn't take much and if you use a wet paint brush the colors/sparkle spread even further.

      Delete
  2. beautiful card, i love this butterfly might have to invest in one i think its very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...