Thursday, October 24, 2013

Quick CAS and a Contemporary Christmas

Hello Friends!

It is that time of year when the holidays just roll, one right after the other.  Halloween is in one week and I made this quick CAS card after being inspired by this week's Featured Stamper on SCS, Mary-Alice.

This is about as scary as it gets in my house!  No gore or ghouls for this girl!  A little free hand doodling and a paper pieced spider from the Buggin' Ya Stamp Set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps and you have a cute Halloween card!

Christmas is just 2 months away!  Between now and then there will be shopping, baking, decorating, and, of course, Christmas cards!  There is no time like the present to start those cards!


I used this wreath from the Seasonal Wreaths set to create a contemporary Christmas card.  I always admire the sleek and shiny wreaths made out of glass ball ornaments.  When I saw this image, I saw the potential to create a glass ornament wreath.  I stamped the image in Versamark and embossed the wreath with silver ep.  I stamped it again in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored the bow with Copics and then colored in the wreath with red and pink Copics.  I used the matching die to cut the images out.  I found a scrap of dp that I just love- it is one of those papers that I really wish I had stocked up on!  I added a strip of brushed silver cardstock and a cardstock border sticker to the dp and then finished it off with some Doodlebug twine and a pink button. 
I continued the 'sphere' theme by mounting my wreath on a circle die cut and using a piece of cardstock embossed with dots as the background for the card elements. 

That's it for me today;  I hope I have inspired you to stamp!

Have a blessed week! 

Lee Ann  :)

Spider-
Stamps- Sweet n' Sassy Stamps- Buggin' Ya
Paper- Neenah Solar White cs, SU Old Olive and Basic Black cs
Ink-Versafine Black
Other- Corner Chomper, black Micron pen

Wreath-
Stamps- Sweet n Sassy Stamps -Seasonal Wreaths
Paper- Neenah Solar White cs, SU Rose Red and brushed silver cs
Ink- Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other- Large dot ef, Doodlebug twine, button, cardstock border sticker, Sweet n Sassy Stamps matching dies, silver ep, Copics, dimensionals, My Favorite Things Circle Stax Die- Namics

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...