Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring is in the Air!

Good Morning Everyone!

Today I am sharing on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog.  I went a bit vintage'y' again, using pastels, doilies and pattern reminiscent of days gone by. 


I had a humdinger of a time taking a photo of this card.  I took pics over and over during a period of several days, and I could not capture this card. It is much prettier IRL.  Hopefully you can see the detail better in the close ups. 
I wanted to layer doilies, so I used one of the scalloped border images from the Borders and Background Set and curved it when adhering it to my acrylic block.  I stamped it in Versamark ink on the top half of my white card stock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.


 I sponged Soft Sky ink around the edges of the embossing powder doily.  Next, I layered on another half doily, this time an actual paper doily.
On the bottom of the card, I stamped one of the background images from the Borders and Background Set, then added a banner strip across the middle of the card with a bit of lace trim along the bottom edge.

My butterfly, from the Majestic Monarchs Stamp Set, was stamped in Versamark on vellum,  heat embossed with Pool Party embossing powder, and die cut out with the matching  Monarch Dies.  I added a few die cut leaves and some pink scalloped buttons for my flowers.  The sentiment is from the New Beginnings Stamp Set.

That's it for me today; have a wonderful Sunday and a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet, simple card, Lee Ann! I love the sweet button flowers on that vine, and the fishtail banner layered over the doily. Exquisite design, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...