Thursday, October 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, Top Dog Dies!

Hi Everyone!

Top Dog Dies turned 1 year old this month; it seemed appropriate that my blog post and tutorial this month be for a birthday card.
The tutorial I am sharing on the Top Dog Dies Blog this week will actually allow you to make two cards.  Here is my first card, made with the new Top Dog Dies Vintage Numbers Die Set and a piece of Add a Little Dazzle black craft metal sheet.


I die cut multiple numbers out in white card stock and adhered them to watercolor paper.  I used this to emboss my craft metal sheet.  The sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
 I am linking this card up to the CAS on Sunday challenge, 'Emboss It', as well as Seize the Birthday, 'Anything Goes.
 
Once this card was completed, I used the numbered cardstock as a base for my second card~


Using reinkers, I watercolored the background.  Once dry, I brayered color onto the numbers.


I framed the numbered background with the new Top Dog Dies Scalloped Frame and Mat Die Set,  cut from vellum.  The sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and is embossed with black ep.
I cut banners and embellished with cheese cloth, a bow and Prima flowers. 
I am linking this card up to The Mixed Media Card Challenge, 'Vintage'.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)  

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...